Monday 31 March 2014

Plaid Trials

I've avoided plaid until now.  I've never sewn with patterns that need to be matched before.  But, there was a nice plaid at work.  And it was the end of the bolt, so I got it at 75% off.  So I decided to give plaid a shot.

Well, I cut very carefully.  And went to pin it together, only to realize that the fabric must have stretched at some point.  There was nothing I could do to get the horizontal stripes to line up perfectly.  But. half an hour later, I did in fact have a passable side seam.  And I am fairly happy with the skirt overall.



I think perhaps the pleats could use an ironing.  And I wish there was a little bit more fullness to the skirt.

Final Notes:  Don't expect to see a lot more plaids around here... I like the look, but half an hour for one side seam just isn't worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment