Monday 9 September 2013

Snood Progress Report

Well, I've been working on my snood for a few days now.  All of the pattern information, as well as an introduction to my non-skills of crochet, are in my first post here.

Even though I'd never crocheted before, I'm finding the pattern fairly simple.  There's really only two types of stitches so far, and I've only got two more rows left.  My stitches aren't even, and I'm not able to conserve my movements the way an experienced crocheter could, but that will come with time.  I've also forgotten to chain between stitches occasionally, meaning I have some mesh squares that are triangles.  I'm not too broken up over it.  As long as nothing terrible happens in the last couple rows, I have a wearable snood, and in a lot of ways, this was more of an experiment anyway.

I seem to have enough wool left that I should be able to make another one once I've finished.

I'm not going to show you any pictures today, I'll save it for the big reveal.  Instead, I'll leave you with this tutorial I found on YouTube for a cute snood and victory roll style.

No comments:

Post a Comment